Speed Limit Reviews - Process from 2013 onwards (Decision taken)
Decision Maker: Deputy Leader & Cabinet Member for Transportation
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
The Cabinet Member for Planning and Transportation has agreed the following:-
· From 2013, all requests for changes to speed limits will, (with the exception of a few legal anomalies and other specified speed limits as detailed in this Report), be funded either:-
ú directly by individual Parish/Town Councils, or
ú by a Local Area Forum via the Local Priorities Budget process ,or
ú from independent sources or
ú as part of a casualty reduction scheme
ú or a Section 106 develop funded agreement
· Key Decision T08.10 (Area 4), (Background Paper 3), is superseded by this Report and therefore its recommendation to implement follow-up limits in Area 4 will no longer apply.
· There will be a formal application process and fee to manage and evaluate requests for speed limit changes. This will include 20mph speed limits and Quiet Lane proposals.
· Irrespective of the funding source, requests for speed limit changes will only be consulted upon and implemented if they comply with the National guidance on setting speed limits.
· This policy should be reviewed within 3 years of the publication of this Report.
Publication date: 21/02/2013
Date of decision: 21/02/2013
Effective from: 27/02/2013
- PT01.13 Report PDF 202 KB
- PT01.13 App A Map of speed limit areas PDF 2 MB
- PT01.13 App B P Hardy to Members 05 12 2012 PDF 29 KB
- PT01.13 App C1 Area 4 Parishes update PDF 44 KB
- PT01.13 App C2 Area 6 Parishes update PDF 44 KB
- PT01.13 App C3 Area 7 parishes update PDF 46 KB
- PT01.13 App C4 Area 8 Parishes update PDF 44 KB
- PT01.13 App C5 Area 9 parishes update PDF 45 KB
- PT01.13 App C6 Areas 10 to 14 Parishes update PDF 45 KB
- PT01.13 App D1 Area 4 detailed info prev limits PDF 9 MB
- PT01.13 App D2 Area 6 detailed info prev limits PDF 3 MB
- PT01.13 App D3 Area 7 detailed info prev limits PDF 4 MB
- PT01.13 App E further info for Members PDF 297 KB