Meeting documents

Venue: Room 6, Capswood, Oxford Road, Denham. View directions

Contact: Jack Pearce  Email:; 01895 837224

No. Item


Minutes pdf icon PDF 67 KB

To receive the minutes of the previous meeting held on 20 November 2017.


The minutes of the previous meeting held on 20 November 2017 were agreed.



Declarations of Interest

To receive any declarations of interest.


There were no declarations of interest.



Reports from Members on Outside Bodies (if any)




Exempt Information

To note the following item(s) contain exempt information, which is not for publication to the press or public.


Application for Discretionary Rate Relief


The PAG were asked to consider an application for Discretionary Rate Relief. Members were advised that charities and non-profit making organisations registered as having charitable status had an automatic entitlement to 80% Mandatory Rate Relief, whilst local authorities could also award Discretionary Rate Relief to top up to 100% .


The PAG were informed that, whilst the organisation had previously been in receipt of the Mandatory Rate Relief of 80%, they had never made an application for Discretionary Rate Relief in South Bucks. The contract agreed between the organisation and South Bucks in 2007 included a clause that the organisation would not be liable for the remaining 20% charge on either of their premises in the District, therefore the Council had been covering the cost to date. It was noted that awarding Discretionary Rate Relief would make an overall cost saving to the Council, and would mirror the position in Chiltern. 


In response to a question it was advised that any charitable or non-profit organisation was eligible to apply for discretionary rate relief.


Having considered the advice of the PAG, the Portfolio Holder AGREED to RECOMMEND to Cabinet that Discretionary Rate Relief be awarded.