Meeting documents

Venue: Council Chamber, Capswood, Oxford Road, Denham. View directions

No. Item


Minutes pdf icon PDF 80 KB

To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 28 May 2015.



The minutes of the meeting held on 28 May 2015 were confirmed.



Progress Report pdf icon PDF 68 KB

To receive from Sir Robert McAlpine

1)     Community liaison update report (attached)

2)     Updated actions on Section 106 (attached)

3)     A presentation


Additional documents:


The meeting received a PowerPoint Presentation from Sir Robert McAlpine providing an update on construction. 


The presentation included an update on S278 works which have been agreed with Buckinghamshire County Council and were due to be officially signed off by Bucks County Council week commencing 23 July 2015.  The package of works would include the following:

        Site Access

        Emergency Access

        Pedestrian Crossing on Pinewood Road


During the presentation and the questions that ensued a number of issues were raised including the following:

        The S278 works were scheduled to commence on the 19th August 2015.

        A programme of works had been produced which results in completion of the works in the middle of November. At this stage, the works were predicted to complete at the end of October, however a couple of additional weeks have been added to allow for unforeseen issues during construction.

        The works would take place between 07:00-19:00 and would be managed by Hillstreet who are a sub contractor to Sir Robert McAlpine.

        Hillstreet would also provide out of hours management.  A telephone number would be on the site signage which residents could contact if there were any problems. Hillside would then have 3 hours from the call to the resolve the situation if required to do so.

        Works would be managed according to the Traffic Management Plan agreed with Bucks County Council (Bucks CC).

        The speed limit on Pinewood Road would be reduced to 30mph whilst the works were being carried out.

        Traffic Signals would be implemented and would include sensors to enable traffic to flow more efficiently than standard signals.

        With regards to signage, a request was made by Iver Residents Association for signage to also be put up on Seven Hills Road and Thornbridge Road. 

        Steps would be taken to communicate the works to residents including briefing the media and the production of a mail shot.  A request was made by Iver Residents Association that the documentation produced be circulated to representatives on the Pinewood Community Liaison Group in advance. 


The meeting noted the Community Liaison Update report and the updated actions on Section 106 spreadsheet which were circulated prior to the meeting.


Report back on Barrier/No Access Sign

Verbal Update by Andrew Smith, Director of Strategy and Communications, Pinewood Studios.



At the last meeting of the Pinewood Community Liaison Group, Andrew Smith undertook to look into the possibility of using the Section 106 monies to fund a ‘No Access To Studio Sign’ or a road barrier.  The Group supported the proposal by David Wight to continue to pursue this further.


Report from Representatives

To receive reports from representatives on any issues they have pursued on behalf of residents.


Bill Lidgate noted the poor state of the footway from Red Lion Pub through to Langley Station and enquired as to whether Pinewood Studios would be covering the costs of the repairs to the footway. In response, David Wight explained that it was the responsibility of Bucks CC to decide how to manage the Section 106 funds.


Ann Mayling raised concerns regarding safety and increased traffic on Pinewood Road following the closure of a width restriction a few weeks ago in the area.  In response to a question regarding what action could be taken to reduce the traffic and increase safety, David Wight re-iterated that it was the responsibility of Bucks CC to decide how to manage the Section 106 funds, but that suggestions could be made to Bucks CC.



Agenda Items for Next Meeting


·        Update by Zoe Webb from Arup on ecology management and monitoring.


Date of Next Meeting

To agree a date for the next meeting.




The next meeting was confirmed for 15 October 2015 at 6pm at Capswood.


Having found the site visit which took place on 8th July to be very helpful, it was agreed that it would be useful for another site visit to take place in the future.