Venue: Council Chamber, Capswood, Oxford Road, Denham. View directions
To confirm the minutes from 15 October 2015.
The minutes of the meeting held on 15 October 2015 were confirmed.
Progress from Pinewood
To receive an update report from Sir Robert McAlpine including questions from members.
The group received a PowerPoint Presentation from Sir Robert McAlpine providing a construction progress update. The presentation included a brief ecology update.
During the presentation and the ensuing questions, a number of points were raised, including the following:
December and January:
· Work has progressed with installation of pre-cast concrete & pre-fabricated cladding to elevations, and façade works due to continue for another 2 months.
· Roofing works commenced in January.
· Soft landscaping has started with 90% of trees planted; further landscaping to continue in spring, alongside seeding/planting.
· Green roofs are currently in the implementation stage.
o Membranes placed on roofs are required to settle prior to planting; growing mediums will be in place by May, and seeding to follow in June.
o The roofs have been designed with a range of stratum depths for different species, including log piles for invertebrates.
· Numbers on site are circa 200, with a peak of 300 people expected within 6-8 weeks’ time.
o Due to this, a green traffic plan is being considered, including options for car sharing, minibuses and further use of the Pinewood shuttle buses.
o Staff are aware they are not to use the residential cut-through
· 278 works handed over to Buckinghamshire County Council
· Gas works will be taking place on the northbound side of Pinewood Road, week commencing 8th February, and will include staged lane closures for approximately 3 weeks. After this, there are no other planned closures.
o Two-way traffic management will be implemented to assist traffic flow.
o Target duration is 2 weeks, and notices will be placed in pertinent locations
o Gas works will span from the south of Pinewood Studios at the Double Lodge entrance, to the south side of the Pinewood Studio main entrance.
· Internal phasing of entrance road will be starting.
· A final walk round is to be scheduled for Mid-March/April, date to be determined at next meeting.
· Weekly ecology checks by ARUP have continued, including: Badger activity; Reptile fencing; Incidental recording.
· Additionally, ARUP has supervised works which may impact upon the site’s ecology, and provided ecological advice as needed.
· Vegetation clearance was undertaken along Pinewood Road to facilitate the construction of a new footpath/cycleway.
o This required pre-clearance nesting bird checks to ensure no birds or their nests were impacted by the work.
· Zoe has progressed the Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) role on site and is working alongside Sir Robert McAlpine and the landscape contractor to finalise plans for the commencement of landscaping works in spring 2016.
Update on Ecology Management and Monitoring
Update by Zoe Webb from Arup.
This was covered during the previous item.
Reports from Representatives
· Letters sent to Pinewood neighbours informing of potential disturbances in regards to extended hours works around the Pinewood site. The 24 hour construction hotline telephone number was included in the correspondence.
· PCLG members visiting the PSDF site on 8 December for a walk round and an update of site progression commented on how well the site was being run.
· PSDF Partnered with St. Margaret's Church, collecting food for Slough Food Bank, resulting in the delivery of 100 kilos of Food at Christmas.
· Catch up meeting held with Iver Heath Residents’ Association.
· Production of Winter Newsletter, which included Christmas closing hours, alongside 24 hour contact numbers.
· Commitment to local employment will continue with a ‘Meet the Contractor Event’ in partnership with Bucks Business First.
o This will include an invitation to 500 fit-out trade businesses/tradesmen on BBF database.
o Advertised in Jobcentres throughout Bucks.
Agenda Items for Next Meeting
· It was requested that Bucks County Council send a representative to the next PCLG meeting to discuss the 106 monies.
· Members agreed to discuss dates for the next site walk-through.
Date of Next Meeting
The date of the next meeting has been agreed as 16 March 2016.