Venue: Council Chamber, Reading Borough Council, Civic Offices, Bridge St, Reading RG1 2LU
Contact: Khalid Ahmed
Note: To start at 1.30pm or at the rising of the scheduled meeting of the Panel whichever is earlier
Map and Directions
The Briefing Meeting for Members will be held at 10am in the Council Chamber at Reading Borough Council, Bridge Street, Reading, RG1 2L
There are car parking spaces available at the Oracle Holybrook car park, opposite the Council Offices.
Please note that this meeting may be filmed for live and/or subsequent broadcast via Reading Borough Council's website. At the start of the meeting the Chair will confirm if all or part of the meeting is being filmed. You should be aware that Reading Borough Council is a Data Controller under the Data Protection Act. Data collected during a webcast will be retained in accordance with the Council’s published policy.
Apologies for Absence
Declarations of Interest
The PCP is asked to consider the attached report and note, in particular the following points:
1. This report acts as formal notification under the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011 that the PCC’s preferred candidate to be appointed as Chief Constable is Mr John David Campbell.
2. A full open and fair selection process as detailed in this report has taken place, the preferred candidate fulfils the eligibility criteria and the proposed appointment has been made on merit.
3. The PCC can only make an appointment if a candidate fulfils the eligibility criteria and a confirmation process is satisfactorily completed.
4. If the PCP is unable to make a recommendation and or an appointment is not made before 1st April 2019 (when the post of Chief Constable will fall vacant) the PCC will appoint a temporary Acting Chief Constable until this process has been completed.
The PCP is asked to take the following action:-
5. To review the proposed appointment and to make a report to the PCC on the proposal, including a recommendation as to whether or not the candidate should be appointed.
Date and Time of Next Meeting
12 April 2019 at 11.00am at a venue to be confirmed.