Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Councillor A Green, Chairman of the High Wycombe Town Committee, presented the Committee’s recommendations in relation to the proposed enhanced Cemetery security arrangements. He confirmed that the following options had been proposed at the High Wycombe Town Committee:
1. Additional fencing on the northern footpath side - £20,000
2. Additional planting along the eastern and southern edges – existing maintenance budget as minimal cost
3. Installation of locally recorded CCTV at the two main gateways and on the rear entrance to the Snowdrop Garden - £3,000
4. Installation of higher gates at the Lodge, Office and Snowdrop entrances - £9,000
5. Permanent closure of the Hampden Road/Snowdrop entrance – no cost.
The High Wycombe Town Committee had considered the above options and endorsed the below recommendations for implementation at its meeting in June 2017.
The following decisions were made as there had been resident concern about suspected incidents of vandalism at the Cemetery. A few incidents had been reported to Wycombe District Council and the Police. Two residents, whose children had been buried in the Cemetery, had written to the Bucks Free Press about their concerns. One of these residents presented a recent petition to the Council seeking 24/7 CCTV coverage.
RESOLVED: That (i) options 2, 3 and 5 as set out in paragraph 11 of the report be agreed; and
(ii) delegated authority be granted to the Head of Community to implement options 1 and 4 should the need arise following a review to be held in the Autumn 2017; to release up to a maximum of £32k from the Special Expenses Reserve.
Report author: Jemma Durkan
Publication date: 13/07/2017
Date of decision: 10/07/2017
Decided at meeting: 10/07/2017 - Cabinet