Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider a report on committee appointments
This report seeks approval to the proportionality arrangements for committees of
Buckinghamshire Council established in the constitution, and sets out next steps in
appointing members to individual committees.
Recommendations: That the Executive of Buckinghamshire Council: -
1. note the Regulations set out in Appendix 1;
2. Subject to these Regulations coming into force:
a. note the proportionality arrangements as set out at Appendix 2;
b. agree that, following discussion with the Group Leaders, the Executive should receive a further report at its next meeting to designate appointments to Council committees, and then confirm these on 11 May 2020;
c. note that the two Deputy Leaders on the Executive will be Cllr Katrina Wood and Cllr Angela Macpherson;
3. agree to delegate to the Monitoring Officer powers to vary the membership of a Committee at any point on a permanent or casual basis upon the written nomination of a Group Leader.
Details of any conflict of interest declared: None.
Comment: This report will be taken under 'general exception'
Contact: Sarah Ashmead, Deputy Chief Executive Email: Sarah.Ashmead@buckinghamshire.gov.uk.
Report author: Sally Taylor
Publication date: 21/04/2020
Date of decision: 21/04/2020
Decided at meeting: 21/04/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 29/04/2020
- Committee Appointments and Proportionality
- committee appointments report to exec 2020 without names PDF 827 KB
- Local Government Coronavirus Consequential Structural Changes Order 2020 PDF 263 KB