Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Delegated authority to enter into a grant
agreement with MHCLG and to acquire properties in the FHSF
Cabinet received a progress report of the Future High Streets programme in High Wycombe. A further report to establish the programme and governance would be submitted to Cabinet in September 2021.
(1) That the Leader, in consultation with the Cabinet Members for Finance, Resources, Property and Assets and the Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Planning and Regeneration, and the Section 151 Officer, be authorised to submit the offers to purchase the properties listed in Annex 1 (confidential), subject to the exchange of contracts being conditional upon Future High Streets grant first being received by the Council from MHCLG.
(2) That the Section 151 Officer be authorized to sign the MHCLG Future High Streets grant offer agreement, as set out in paragraph 5, and to draw down on the first year’s allocation.
(3) That the Service Director for Property and Assets be delegated to appoint the external consultants to undertake development management, valuations, due diligence and lettings, to be funded by the Future High Streets grant.
(4) That the Leader, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Finance, Resources, Property and Assets, and the Section 151 Officer, be authorised to exchange contracts and complete on the proposed acquisitions set out in the Cabinet report.
(5) That the Service Director for Property and Assets, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Finance, Resources, Property and Assets, and the Section 151 Officer be authorised to undertake the tendering, selection and appointment of buildings contractors to undertake the refurbishment (subject to planning, if required) of acquisitions, once purchases have been completed.
Details of any conflict of interest declared: None.
Report author: Charles Brocklehurst
Publication date: 20/07/2021
Date of decision: 20/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 20/07/2021 - Cabinet
Date comes into force if not called in: 28/07/2021
Call-in deadline date: 27/07/2021
Current call-in Count: 0