Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider a report on the waste procurement
strategy update - HRCs Contracts
The HRC Service is not only business critical but a legal duty to undertake. This
report seeks to ensure the Council makes decisions enabling the continuity of that
duty. An options appraisal has been undertaken and considered a high level
assessment of the benefits/risks associated with providing the HRC service,
including betterment and policy changes, as a result an outsourced contract with a
third party provider compared to an in-house service is the recommended option.
1. To agree to proceed with Option C and to carry out a procurement process for the
provision of a Household Recycling Centre service.
2. That authority be delegated to the Service Director for Neighbourhood Services,
following consultation with the Cabinet Member for Environment, to take all
necessary actions to agree the procurement strategy for the future Household
Recycling Centre Service contract.
Details of any conflict of interest declared: None.
Contact: Martin Dickman, Environment Services Director Email: Martin.Dickman@buckinghamshire.gov.uk.
Report author: Sally Taylor
Publication date: 21/04/2020
Date of decision: 21/04/2020
Decided at meeting: 21/04/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 29/04/2020
- Report for Household Recycling Centre (HRC) Service - Procurement Project PDF 875 KB
- Appendix 1 for Household Recycling Centre (HRC) Service - Procurement Project PDF 470 KB
- Appendix 3 for Household Recycling Centre (HRC) Service - Procurement Project PDF 570 KB
- Appendix 4 for Household Recycling Centre (HRC) Service - Procurement Project PDF 520 KB