Agenda and draft minutes

Venue: Microsoft Teams

Contact: Tom Fowler 

Media

Items
No. Item

1.

Welcome and Introductions

Minutes:

The chairman welcomed the members and guests to the Beeches Community Board meeting.

2.

Apologies

Minutes:

Apologies had been received from Councillor Kelly.

3.

Declarations of Interest

Minutes:

There were no declarations of interest.

4.

Minutes pdf icon PDF 428 KB

Minutes:

The minutes of the meeting held on 17 September 2020 were agreed as an accurate record.

5.

Support Hubs presentation

Minutes:

Emma Denley, Localism Manager, gave a presentation on the work of the Support Hubs.

  • Advice had been given to the shielded group to follow similar guidance to the last lockdown, with the notable inclusion of allowing support bubble contact.
  • Calls were being made to those who were classified as vulnerable to check on their wellbeing.
  • Charities such as Carers Bucks were being enabled by the Council to provide support for care workers.

 

6.

Sub-group Updates pdf icon PDF 492 KB

·         Infrastructure & Highways

·         Supporting Older & Vulnerable People

·         Young People

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The sub-group chairs gave their updates to the Community Board.

  • Councillor Ralph Bagge gave an update of the Infrastructure & Highways sub-group. The Burnham & Taplow parking scheme would possibly go to the Community board at a future date, pending discussions with the Parish Councils. Flooding hotspots for the area were being compiled and Jack was to work with TFB on this issue. Potential transport schemes were being catalogued for potential funding in the future.
  • Councillor Trevor Egleton gave an update of the Supporting Older & Vulnerable people sub-group. Street associations had been discussed, which would enable the welfare of vulnerable elderly residents to be monitored. Neighbourhood Watch had attended the subgroup and were also looking to work with existing Covid response groups in a similar way to Street Associations. The Clare Foundation were piloting a scheme to help elderly residents get online and communicate. A Christmas card plan for a local resident was raised and details were to be circulated.
  • Councillor Dev Dhillon gave an update of the Young Peoples sub-group. It was reported there were at least 10 young people interested in joining a youth parliament in the area. There was also a school council being setup at Bourne End Academy which could then link in with a potential youth council for Beeches. Mental health of young people was a primary concern due to lockdown and employment concerns.

 

Actions:

  • Jack to work with TFB to compile flooding hotspots for the Community Board area and develop an action plan.
  • Jack to enquire with the Parking Manager on arrangements to present Burnham & Taplow scheme to the Parish Councils.
  • Jack to liaise with Paula Prince on funding routes available for Community Board applications.

 

7.

Covid-19 Response

Minutes:

The Covid-19 response for Community Boards was laid out.

  • Crisis funding has been made available and members of the board were encouraged to contact Jack for this.
  • Feedback was being collated from groups that had received previous funding, a breakdown was included with the Budget Update.

 

8.

Proposed Roundabout on Lake End Road, Dorney pdf icon PDF 380 KB

Minutes:

The application for the proposed Roundabout on Lake End, Dorney was approved for funding.

9.

Community Matters

An opportunity for attendees to raise any community issues.

Minutes:

There were no questions submitted.

10.

Community Board Funding Applications for Approval pdf icon PDF 383 KB

·         Dorney Playground Management Committee

Minutes:

The application from the Dorney Playground Management Group was approved for funding.

11.

Slough Multifuel Construction Project Liaison Group

To receive a verbal update from Roger Home.

 

 

Minutes:

No update available.

12.

Engagement Update

Minutes:

Jack updated the Community Board on engagement.

  • The Facebook page for the board was up and running, members were encouraged to like and share it to raise visibility.
  • A newsletter was confirmed to be in the pipeline and a platform for this was to be arranged through the communications team. It was expected that the newsletter would be produced quarterly.

13.

Budget Update pdf icon PDF 374 KB

To note.

Minutes:

A budget update was provided to the Community Board.

  • It was confirmed funds would need to be allocated to priorities by 31st March 2021.
  • The Community Board had allocated £20,000 to the Crisis fund. The £17,000 from the Health and Wellbeing Fund would be used first for this Crisis Fund.

 

Actions:

  • Councillor Trevor Egleton and Councillor George Sandy to investigate Kissing Gate options and funding routes.

14.

Community Board Action Plan pdf icon PDF 424 KB

To note.

Minutes:

The Community Board Action Plan was noted.

15.

Ongoing Buckinghamshire Council Consultations pdf icon PDF 353 KB

To note.

Minutes:

The Ongoing Buckinghamshire Council Consultations were noted.