Agenda and draft minutes

Venue: MS Teams Virtual Meeting

Contact: Sophia Comer (Community Board Co-ordinator)  Chris Ward (Democratic Services Support)

Media

Items
No. Item

1.

Chairman's Welcome

Minutes:

The Chairman opened the meeting and welcomed the members of the Community Board and the public to the meeting. All new attendees were invited to introduce themselves to the Community Board.

2.

Apologies for Absence

Minutes:

Apologies were received from Ms A Macpherson.

3.

Declarations of Interest

To disclose any Personal or Disclosable Pecuniary Interests.

Minutes:

Mr R Stuchbury declared an interest as a member of the Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes Fire Authority, a member of the Buckinghamshire Children’s and Education Select Committee, and a member of Buckingham Town Council.

 

4.

Minutes/Actions from Previous Meeting pdf icon PDF 440 KB

Minutes:

The minutes of the meeting held on 10 November 2020 were AGREED as an accurate record.

5.

Chairman's Update

Minutes:

Mr C Clare had attended Buckingham Town Council’s January meeting to discuss the use of the Councillor prefix in the Community Board minutes. Mr C Clare had agreed at the meeting to hold an indicative vote on this topic at the Community Board. Ahead of the indicative vote, Mr C Clare explained why he felt that the minutes should continue to not have Councillor prefixes. Following this, Mr M Cole outlined his position that the Councillor prefixes should be used. The indicative vote was held and the Community Board voted in favour of continuing its current minuting style of not using Councillor prefixes.

 

Mr C Clare asked the Community Board whether the topic of homelessness within the Board’s geography should be discussed at a future meeting. Members felt this was appropriate and that there was merit in having an officer attend regarding the service delivery. It would be investigated whether funding towards homelessness would be made available through the Community Board.

ACTION: Ms S Comer

6.

Pre Submitted Questions

Minutes:

There were none.

7.

Covid Update pdf icon PDF 1 MB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Mr R Goodes (Buckinghamshire Council), gave an overview of slides regarding Covid-19. Ms G Harding (Buckinghamshire Council) delivered a presentation on the Support Hubs and Helping Hands. The slides are appended to the minutes.

 

Both presentations would also be circulated after the meeting.

ACTION: Ms S Comer

8.

Flood Update pdf icon PDF 1 MB

Update to be provided by:

 

Mr Paul Burrows – Environmental Agency

Ms Karen Fisher & Mr Andrew Waugh – Buckinghamshire Council Flood Team

Mr Dean Jones – Crowd Fund update

Minutes:

Mr A Waugh (Buckinghamshire Council), and Mr P Burrows (Environment Agency), delivered a presentation that focused on the flooding that had taken place in the north of Buckinghamshire in December 2020. The slides would be appended to the minutes and would be circulated after the meeting.

ACTION: Ms S Comer

 

Anyone in attendance with specific questions were encouraged to contact either the officers or coordinator after the meeting. The link for viewing the triggers that would lead to a Section 19 Flood Investigation and the statutory obligations was available here: https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/environment/flooding/strategic-flood-management/flood-investigations/

 

Mr J Chilver was concerned that there was a delay between the Environmental Agency’s initial warning and the Council’s social media warning. This would be investigated and followed up.

ACTION: Mr R Goodes

 

The Community Board received an update from Mr D Jones (Buckingham University) regarding the community response and community fundraising following the December 2020 flooding. A crowd fund Just Giving page had been set-up and 717 donations had been made to date with an average donation being £25. Residents could claim towards the fund through an online form. Residents that had received money from the funds had been overwhelmed and grateful for the community’s response. There was around £2,000 left from the crowd fund which would be invested in flood protection. Mr Jones thanked Buckingham Town Council for their support during the campaign. 

9.

Aylesbury Vale Milton Keynes Sexual Assault and Abuse Support Service (AVMKSAASS) pdf icon PDF 696 KB

To be provided by:

 

Carol Older – Chief Executive Officer at AVMKSAASS

Minutes:

Due to the meeting over running, the representatives from AVMKSAASS were unable to provide a verbal update. The presentation that would have been given has been appended to the minutes.

10.

Sub Group Update

Updates to be provided by Sub Groups leads.

Minutes:

An email would be circulated to members with the dates of the next sub group meetings.

ACTION: Ms S Comer

11.

Funding Promotion/Applications pdf icon PDF 370 KB

To be presented by Ms S Comer, Community Board Coordinator – Buckinghamshire Council.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Ms S Comer, Community Board Coordinator gave an overview of the funding applications received and discussion was had on each application. Mr P Hardcastle (Maids Moreton) and Mr R Edwards (Buckingham Society) were in attendance to introduce their applications and answer any questions.

 

Information would be circulated to Parishes in the Community Board on how to apply for probationary community service hours.

ACTION: Ms S Comer

 

Resolved:

 

Bramble Clearance at Maids Moreton Playing Fields (£2,700) – AGREED

Buckingham Society Information Board (£2,200) – AGREED

12.

Date of Next Meeting

Tuesday 15 June 2021

Minutes:

The next meeting would be on Tuesday 15 June 2021.