Agenda and draft minutes
Venue: Microsoft Teams
Contact: Tom Fowler
Chairman's Welcome & Introduction
Welcome from Cllr Wendy Matthews, Chairman of the Wexham and the Ivers Community Board.
Introductions from Vice Chair, Service Director and Community Board Coordinator.
The Chairman, Councillor Wendy Matthews welcomed the Community Board to the meeting. Thanks were extended to Councillor Jilly Jordan who chaired the board for the 2020-21 cycle of meetings.
Councillor Trevor Egleton as Vice-chairman for the board was introduced.
Key Officers for the board introduced themselves.
· The Community Board Co-ordinator, Alice Williams
· Localism Manager (South), Simon Garwood
· Service Director, Childrens Social Care, as Community Board Champion, Palvinder Kudhail
Declarations of Interest
To disclose any Personal or Disclosable Pecuniary Interests.
Peter Stanhope declared an interest as a member of Smartville Iver Heath.
Geoffrey Spring declared an interest in Pinewood Studios.
Actions from the last meeting
To review and sign off the actions notes from the meeting on 9 March 2021
The Community Board Co-ordinator updated the Board on the outstanding actions from the previous meeting.
Reflections from our first year
Look back at our achievements from 2020/21 and end of year review.
To be presented by Wendy Matthews and Alice Williams.
The Community Board Co-ordinator reported to the board the achievements of the previous year.
· Strong relationships were built with Thames Valley Police which increased their presence in the area to prevent local crime & anti-social behaviour.
Setting the scene for 2021/22
a) Board Membership
c) Working groups and Membership
e) Next Steps
The Community Board co-ordinator set the scene for the 2021/22.
· Membership of the board, including Buckinghamshire Councillors, Parish Councils and representatives of Residents Associations were laid out.
· Members of the public were encouraged to attend and contribute.
· The priorities for the board were reported as Economic Recovery, Environment & Green Spaces, and Highways & Infrastructure. The additional priority was agreed as Health & Wellbeing following feedback from the board.
· The total budget for 2021-22 (including carry forward) was £321,405. The new funding process was reported to the board.
The lead appointed for each Working group was:
· Health and Wellbeing – Paul Griffin
· Highways and Infrastructure – Wendy Matthews
· Environment and Green Spaces – Luisa Sullivan
· Economic Recovery – Ann Mayling
Anyone that would like to be members of these working groups were encouraged to contact Alice Williams via email, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Alice Williams, Community Board Coordinator to collate membership and establish the working groups.
Freight Strategy Update
Verbal update to be delivered by Graham Hillary, Transport Strategy Freight Officer
Graham Hillary, Transport Strategy Freight Officer gave an update on the Bucks Freight Strategy.
Alice to coordinate with Graham and circulate information on attending Waddesdon group meetings.
Tilehouse Day Centre Update
Denham Parish Council presentation on recommissioning the former Tilehouse Day Opportunities Centre to provide day care for adults with dementia and learning difficulties from Denham and the surrounding areas – Cllr Julia Walsh (10 mins)
Julie Walsh gave an update on the Tilehouse Day Centre.
To address questions from the public. Questions to be submitted in advance of the meeting to email@example.com .
The Community Board co-ordinator highlighted the following.
Date of next meeting: Tuesday 19th October 2021