Agenda and draft minutes

Venue: Via Microsoft Teams

Contact: Tom Fowler 

Media

Items
No. Item

1.

Welcome & Apologies for Absence

Minutes:

The chairman welcomed members to the Wexham and The Ivers community board

meeting. Apologies for absence had been received from Ged Weston.

 

2.

Declarations of Interest

Minutes:

Councillor Jilly Jordan declared an interest in item 11 as a member of the Strategic Sites Committee, and would therefore stay in the meeting but not take part in the discussion.

Councillor M Bradford, T Egleton, P Griffin & W Matthews declared an interest in item 11 as Members of the South Buckinghamshire Area Planning Committee.

Councillor L Sullivan and W Matthews declared an interest for meeting as directors of the Colne Valley Park.

3.

Action Notes pdf icon PDF 1 MB

To review the actions from the previous meeting and agree the notes as an accurate record.

Minutes:

The action notes of the meeting held on 22 July 2020 were agreed as an accurate record.

4.

Forward Plan pdf icon PDF 406 KB

To note the Community Board forward plan.

Minutes:

The Forward Plan was noted.

5.

Community Matters

Written public questions submitted in advance to be read by the Community Board Coordinator.

Minutes:

No questions had been submitted.

6.

Covid-19 Update pdf icon PDF 793 KB

To be presented by Katie Galvin, Community Hub Leader.

Minutes:

Katie Galvin, the Localities, Support Hub Lead gave an overview of the Support Hubs.

·         Those who shielded during the previous lockdown have been advised to follow similar guidelines, notably however,they were now able to interact with others in their support bubble and exercise outside.

·         It was confirmed that food parcels were not being issued by the government for this lockdown, however supermarkets were in a much better position to provide priority slots for the vulnerable.

·         The foodbanks for the Wexham & the Ivers area have been contacted by the support hub team to see if they need any additional support .

·         Letters were being issued to vulnerable residents by Buckinghamshire Council providing information on available assistance. It was suggested assurance that the number wasn’t a premium rate number be added to the letter. Since the meeting, it was confirmed that instead of a letter, calls were made instead.

 

Actions:

  • Alice to contact health and social care team to establish links in place with residential (assisted living) organisations.

 

7.

Parking Schemes Update

To be presented by Mark Davis, Parking Manager.

Minutes:

Mark Davis, the Parking Manager gave an update on the status of the Richings Park Parking Scheme

  • The Richings Park parking scheme was reported to start implementation in March 2021 and would be operational by April 2021
  • Mobilisation works had already begun and would continue.
  • Section 106 agreement was due to be confirmed closer to completion of the car park.

·         The first meetings of the subgroups for the schemes in Iver village and Iver Heath had taken place and schemes were being drawn up for discussion.

 

Actions:

  • Alice to establish the programme of activities for these Parking schemes and when they’re likely to be delivered.

 

8.

Sub Group Updates

Minutes:

The sub-group chairs gave their updates to the Community Board.

  • Councillor Wendy Matthews gave an update on the Parking & Infrastructure sub group. Meetings had been held with regard to possible parking schemes around the shops at Iver Heath and the Iver High street. Officers had taken the feedback from this away and future sub-group meetings would lay out these schemes in greater detail. The group had had an update from Jack Mayhew where a number of questions were raised.
  • Councillor Ann Mayling gave an update on the Covid-19 sub group. The importance of establishing good relationships with partner organisations was emphasised to reach those who have difficulty accessing online resources.
  • Councillor Ray Sangster gave an update on the Community Safety/ Thames Valley Police Relationships sub group. Due to a backlog of issues stemming from District Councils, planning enforcement had difficulty dealing with short-term issues. Policing had been generally successful and had notable successes with drug confiscations. It was noted that  residents had provided feedback noting the recent improvements in the area.
  • Councillor Paul Griffin gave an update on the Green Spaces sub group. A programme called ‘Confidence through Football’ was noted as a promising future application possibly coming to the community board. This funding would include paying for additional trainers and items such as floodlights

 

Actions

·         Alice to communicate with Jack Mayhew to update committee further.

 

9.

Ideas for Funding

Members of the board to discuss ideas for funding applications.

Minutes:

The two funding applications being considered by the Community Board were approved:

·         Iver Village Hall Outside Security System

·         The Ivers Foodbank

10.

Air Quality Management Update pdf icon PDF 384 KB

Members of the board to note the written update provided by Cerys Williams.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The Air Quality Update was to be re-scheduled for a future meeting.

11.

Pinewood Update

Minutes:

The chairman gave an update on the new Pinewood Planning application for the construction of a Screen Hub global growth hub. This was set to be approximately 70,000 square metres in size.

·         The Community Board was setting up a Pinewood sub-group to discuss the new application with representation from local planning authority officers when needed.

·         The statutory consultation period for the application was underway and was due to end on the 15th November 2020. Once this period has ended, officers will attend the sub-group to feedback on matters arising.

·         It was confirmed the application was going to a future Strategic Sites Committee meeting.

 

Actions:

·         Alice to set up Pinewood Sub-group and circulate membership, first meeting to be held mid-November.