Agenda and draft minutes

Venue: MS Teams Virtual Meeting

Contact: Elaine Hassall (Community Board Co-ordinator)  Christina Beevers (Democratic Services Support)

Media

Items
No. Item

1.

Chairman's Welcome

Minutes:

The chairman welcomed all to the meeting and went through the basic etiquette required for the meeting.

 

Apologies were received from:

 

Ms A MacPheasrson- Buckinghamshire Council.

2.

Minutes of the Previous Meeting pdf icon PDF 426 KB

To confirm  the minutes of the meeting held on 24 September 2020.

Minutes:

The minutes from the meeting held on 24 September 2020 were AGREED as an accurate record.

3.

Declarations of Interest

To disclose any Personal or Disclosable Pecuniary Interests

 

Minutes:

Mr C Branston- Buckinghamshire Council declared an interest as Member of the Long Crendon- Save our Surgery Group.

4.

Action Plan and Sub Group Update pdf icon PDF 621 KB

Minutes:

Ms E Hassall, Community Board Coordinator- Buckinghamshire Council gave an overview on the action plan update appended to the minutes.

 

The Chairmen of each sub group gave a brief update on each of the subgroups and the projects underway as shown in the presentation appended to the minutes.

 

·       Social Isolation and Needs of Most Vulnerable- Mr A Waite.

·       Environment and Green Spaces- Mr P Irwin.

·       Highways and Road Safety- Mr K Birkby.

·       Freight Steering Group- Mr J Lewis.

·       Cycling and Walking- Mr D Truesdale.

 

Ms E Hassall put forward the idea of setting up a Community Engagement Working Group for the Haddenham and Waddesdon Community Board. Ms Hassall requested anyone that wished to volunteer to be a part of this could email her.

ACTION: All Community Board Members

 

5.

Presentation on Bucks Online Directory (BOD)

To be presented by Ms J Austin-Lavery – Community Engagement and Development Team, Buckinghamshire Council.

Minutes:

Ms J Austin-Lavery, Community Links Officer- Buckinghamshire Council gave an overview of the presentation on the Bucks Online Directory (BOD) appended to the minutes.

 

Ms Austin-Lavery requested that if there were any further questions on the directory for members to contact her directly or via the Community Board Coordinator.

6.

Presentation from Berks, Bucks & Oxon Wildlife Trust

To be presented by Ms K Sheard - Community Wildlife Manager, Berks, Bucks & Oxon Wildlife Trust  

Minutes:

Ms K Sheard, Community Wildlife Manager- Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire Wildlife Trusts gave an overview of the presentation on garden wildlife appended to the minutes.

 

Contact details for Ms Sheard were provided on the presentation if anyone wanted to get in contact.

7.

Funding Applications pdf icon PDF 476 KB

Minutes:

Ms E Hassall, Community Board Coordinator- Buckinghamshire Council gave an overview of thefunding application process and the funding applications received by the Haddenham and Waddesdon Community Board.

 

RESOLVED:

The following funding applications were AGREED by the Haddenham and Waddesdon Community Board:

 

·       Bernie Bus- £4550.

·       Berryfields Parish Council- £1800.

·       Waddesdon Support Group- £625.

·       Ashendon Parish Council- £11000.

 

It was confirmed there were further funding applications in the pipeline that would be updated via email with the next meeting not meeting until March.

8.

Community Matters (Presubmitted Questions) pdf icon PDF 383 KB

Minutes:

There were no pre submitted questions.

 

The Chairman raised two further topics:

 

·       The Buckinghamshire Council- Proud of Bucks Award-

o   The foodbank- Church on Berryfields was the winner as nominated by the Haddenham and Waddesdon Community Board and will receive an award in early December.

·       PC C Farrow, Thames Valley Police raised that TVP have the Independent Action Group (IAG). It is chaired by the Super Intendent; its purpose was to hold the police to account. If anyone was interested to get in contact directly with PC Farrow.

·       Flooding- the Chairman raised the idea that a sub group could be formed for the area regarding flooding whether this be the prevention of or just on-going issues of flooding. The Chairman asked if anyone on the board was interested in joining the flooding sub group, then to contact himself or Ms Hassall.

ACTION: Members of the Community Board

 

 

9.

Topics for future consideration

Minutes:

There were no topics for future consideration suggested. Ms Hassall asked if any suggestions could be emailed to her following the meeting.

ACTION: All Members of the Community Board

10.

Date of Next Meeting

TBC- March 2021

Minutes:

Thursday 18 March 2021, 7pm.

MS Teams Virtual Meeting.