Agenda and draft minutes

Contact: Alice Willams (Community Board Manager)  Liz Hornby (Democratic Services Support)

Media

Items
No. Item

1.

Chairman's Welcome

Introduction of Community Board Manager

Minutes:

The Chairman welcomed all those present to the meeting.  The new Community Board Manager Alice Williams stated that she was very pleased to be taking on the role.

2.

Apologies for Absence

To receive any apologies for absence (Chairman)

Minutes:

Apologies for absence were received from P Wright and P Hardcastle

3.

Declarations of Interest

To disclose any Personal or Disclosable Pecuniary Interests.

Minutes:

There were no declarations of interest

4.

Minutes/Actions from Previous Meeting pdf icon PDF 457 KB

To agree the action notes of the previous meeting

Minutes:

(a)    Attention was drawn to the need to sign up to the Leader`s newsletter

(b)   Action on TFB status was still to be followed up.

(c)    A Williams and the Board Manager follow up actions prior to next meeting.

5.

Corporate Update (Verbal Report) pdf icon PDF 679 KB

Sara Turnbull, Service Director Transport Services

 

Minutes:

Sara Turnball (Service Director, Transport Services) highlighted a number of points elaborating on her written report.

 

(a)    The number of Ukraine guests across Bucks had risen to approximately 1100, and was expected to rise further by 600

(b)   A new programme of activities was accessible to those in receipt of benefits, throughout the school summer holidays through the Holiday Act Fund.

(c)    The County Show was scheduled to take place on 1 September at which attendance was encouraged. It had been decided that the Community Board would have a stand at the show to showcase its work.

(d)  Households had received £150 council tax rebate, approximately 80% of the fund had currently been distributed.

 

Thanks was expressed to Council partners for their support of the Ukraine refugees, whilst Housing Associations were working hard to find suitable accommodation for them.

 

Skateboard Park

 

An update was also provided on the new skateboard park, members learned that there had been problems with the Environment Agency which had delayed the project until further notice.

 

ACTION- A Williams establish the status of the Skate park and update the Board

 

 

 

 

 

 

6.

Banking Hub Update (Verbal Report)

Cllr Warren Whyte

 

Minutes:

Members were informed regarding the Hub scheme, and it was explained that the Hub was not a bank and yet more than just a post office. It was highlighted that the proposed hub to be located in Bucks would be the subject of a survey to establish its specific needs. Members were encouraged to circulate the survey. Members were further informed that premises were currently being sought and it was hoped that the Hub would be operational in the early part of 2023.

 

It was hoped that the development of the Hub would assist with the economic regeneration of the area with a similar case in Essex which had seen a sharp uplift in footfall.

 

Any suggestions with regards to suitable premises were encouraged.

7.

Formal Community Board Updates pdf icon PDF 385 KB

Manager and Chairman to update on

Community Board Action Plan

Funding

Priorities/Task & Finish Groups/Projects

 

 

 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

A report had been circulated on the Board`s action plan and set out how it would work with the community to address community priorities and take action on local issues. Its 3 main areas of priority were: Economic recovery, green space & communities and Highways / road safety. It was confirmed that Task & Finish groups would be established in order to further development in these areas.

 

In terms of funding it was confirmed that the Boards budget was £117,026 for the 2022/23 financial year. The maximum project allocation was £15k with any exceptions needing Cabinet Member agreement.

 

The funding deadlines were also highlighted as detailed within the circulated pack. Members were informed that in future years funding deadlines and decision dates on applications would be planned for the whole year in advance.

 

A Member enquired as to the mechanism for small grant payments up to the value of £300 pounds. It was agreed that this would be looked into and reported upon.

 

It was also

 

RESOLVED: That a task and Finish Group for Youth Engagement be included within the priority areas of the Community Board projects.

 

 

 

 

8.

Community Matters

Community Board Manager to update on

Public questions

Consultations

Petitions

Minutes:

Current consultations were highlighted as listed within the circulated document.  

9.

Date of Future Meetings/Community Board Events

5 October (Board Event)

2 February (Next meeting)

 

Minutes:

5 October (Board Event) this would be held in person

 

2 February (Next meeting)