Purpose of committee
The Cabinet is responsible for developing the policies and strategies of the Council and takes most of the decisions on service provision. These are called Executive decisions. Whilst the Cabinet as a whole is collectively responsible for making certain decisions, individual Cabinet Members are also responsible for the provision, delivery and performance of services within their Portfolio area and can make certain decisions individually or jointly. For further details see Decisions.
- Councillor Martin Tett (Leader)
- Councillor Angela Macpherson Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Health and Wellbeing
- Councillor Gareth Williams Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Planning and Regeneration
- Councillor Steve Bowles Cabinet Member for Communities
- Councillor Steve Broadbent Cabinet Member for Transport
- Councillor John Chilver Cabinet Member for Finance, Resources, Property and Assets
- Councillor Anita Cranmer Cabinet Member for Education and Children's Services
- Councillor Clive Harriss Cabinet Member for Culture and Leisure
- Councillor Nick Naylor Cabinet Member for Housing, Homelessness and Regulatory Services
- Councillor Peter Strachan Cabinet Member for Climate Change and Environment
Support officer: Craig Saunders.