Purpose of committee
The main role of the LAF is to give advice to local authorities and Natural England on securing increased access to the countryside for open-air recreation within the framework of the Countryside & Rights of Way Act 2000.
The Forum has a positive role to play in assisting with provision of new access opportunities and commenting on issues of particular local relevance, such as:
· Supporting and advising on the implementation of the right to Open Access Land (mountain, moor, heath, down and registered common land) at a local level, especially with regard to identifying the boundaries of open access land.
· Considering applications for restrictions or closures of access for land management or conservation purposes.
· Assisting with improving and developing the existing rights of way network.
· Advising on the development of Buckinghamshire’s recreation and access plans and strategies, including the Buckinghamshire Rights of Way Improvement Plan 2020-2030.
- Christina Beevers (Secretary)
- David Briggs
- Gavin Casperz
- Andrew Clark
- John Elfes
- Neil Harris
- Alison Heath
- Chris Hurworth
- Richard Jennings
- Alan Lambourne
- Councillor Nick Naylor
- Glynn Thomas
- Councillor Alan Turner
- Brian Worrell
Support officer: Christina Beevers.
Phone: 01296 382938