Purpose of committee
The main role of the LAF is to give advice to local authorities and the Countryside Agency on securing increased access to the countryside for open-air recreation within the framework of the new Act.
The Forum has a positive role to play in assisting with provision of new access opportunities and commenting on issues of particular local relevance, such as:
· Supporting and advising on the implementation of the new right to Open Access Land (mountain, moor, heath, down and registered common land) at a local level, especially with regard to identifying the boundaries of open access land.
· Considering applications for restrictions or closures of access for land management or conservation purposes.
· Assisting with improving and developing the existing rights of way network.
· Advising on the development of the County’s recreation and access plans and strategies
- Christina Beevers (Secretary)
- Councillor Bill Chapple OBE
Support officer: Christina Beevers.
Phone: 01296 382938