Purpose of committee
The main role of the LAF is to give advice to local authorities and Natural England on securing increased access to the countryside for open-air recreation within the framework of the Countryside & Rights of Way Act 2000.
The Forum has a positive role to play in assisting with provision of new access opportunities and commenting on issues of particular local relevance, such as:
· Supporting and advising on the implementation of the right to Open Access Land (mountain, moor, heath, down and registered common land) at a local level, especially with regard to identifying the boundaries of open access land.
· Considering applications for restrictions or closures of access for land management or conservation purposes.
· Assisting with improving and developing the existing rights of way network.
· Advising on the development of Buckinghamshire’s recreation and access plans and strategies, including the Buckinghamshire Rights of Way Improvement Plan 2020-2030.
- David Briggs (Vice-Chairman) NFU, CLA, farming, Chairman of the Bucks CLA, Chairman of the Chilterns LEADER
- Gavin Casperz Disabled Ramblers
- Andrew Clark Chiltern Society
- John Elfes Ramblers Association
- Neil Harris National Trust
- Alison Heath British Horse Society
- Chris Hurworth Trail Riders’ Fellowship and MPV users
- Richard Jennings Cycling UK
- Alan Lambourne Parish Councils
- Councillor Nick Naylor
- Richard Pushman (Chairman) Bucks Conservation Trust & Bucks Heritage Champion
- Glynn Thomas Independent
- Councillor Alan Turner
- Brian Worrell British Driving Society Beds, Bucks and Herts
Support officer: Christina Beevers. 01296 382938
Phone: 01296 382938