Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider the case for development of the
Cabinet received a report on a proposed scheme of a mixture of housing and community/ sports facilities for the Winslow Centre Development. The Business Case had identified that the delivery of a community facility, sports facility, extra-care housing and residential housing would address the significant under- utilisation of the site, alongside meeting increased demand in the area and enabling a significant capital receipt to be realised by the Council.
1. Cabinet APPROVED the release of £800k from the Winslow capital project budgets to complete the initial concept design stage for the Winslow Centre Development (a One Public Estate funded feasibility project).
2. Cabinet AUTHORISED the Director of Property and Assets in consultation with the agreed Cabinet Member, the S151/Head of Finance delegated authority to take the project through to the end of RIBA Stage 3. This will see completion of the initial concept design stage including:
1. Seeking pre-planning advice, public consultation and submission of the relevant planning application(s); including the development of a planning strategy and a full local member and stakeholder consultation plan;
2. Continuing negotiations with specialist housing providers and public sector partners to inform the business case decision to be brought back to Cabinet;
3. Appointment of Professional Teams and commissioning of further required surveys;
4. The exploration of a property company for the management, rent and or sale of housing units (residential and independent living);
5. Arranging the provision of a temporary library facility to prepare for the
existing library decant whilst it is re-provisioned in a new facility.
3. Cabinet WELCOMED reengagement with the Clinical Commissioning Group so that they could be involved in the provision of a new, fit for purpose community facility; provided commitment to enhanced sports facilities and confirmed that the project would have due regard to the Neighbourhood Plan.
Details of any conflict of interest declared: None
Contact: John Reed Email: John.Reed@buckinghamshire.gov.uk.
Report author: Martin Connor
Publication date: 13/10/2020
Date of decision: 13/10/2020
Decided at meeting: 13/10/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 21/10/2020