Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider the outcome reports from the
policy review and consultation and accept the
Cabinet received a report that sought approval for the updated Home to School Transport Policy and associated Post-16 Transport Policy Statement, which incorporated a recommended option for payment and arrangement of transport for students aged 16-19 with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
1. That the content of the Consultation Evaluation Report, draft Home to School Transport Policy and associated draft Post-16 Transport Policy Statement be agreed.
Note: In particular, this includes the recommendation for Option 2 – Choice of a Personal Transport Budget or Council organised transport as the proposed option for how transport for 16-19 year olds with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) is arranged and paid for.
2. That the recommended annual fee for the Council organised transport element of Option 2 for post-16 SEND students be set at £900 for the 2021-22 academic year, and the reduced fee for demonstrated financial hardship be set at £600 for the 2021-22 academic year; both to be applied on a pro-rata basis according to the number of days travelled.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Details of any conflict of interest declared: None.
Contact: Helen Fincher, Project Manager- Education Email: Helen.Fincher@buckinghamshire.gov.uk.
Report author: Helen Fincher
Publication date: 30/03/2021
Date of decision: 30/03/2021
Decided at meeting: 30/03/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 08/04/2021
- Report for Home to School Transport Policy including the associated Post-16 Transport Policy Statement Review and Consultation - Outcome PDF 741 KB
- Appendix 1 - Consultation Evaluation Report PDF 1 MB
- Appendix 1A - Consultation questionnaire PDF 193 KB
- Appendix 1B - Communications plan PDF 353 KB
- Appendix 1C - Social media delivery plan PDF 717 KB
- Appendix 1D - Free text comments PDF 457 KB
- Appendix 2 - Revised Home to School Transport Policy PDF 535 KB
- Appendix 3 - Revised Post-16 Transport Policy Statement 2021-22 PDF 651 KB
- Appendix 4 - Equality Impact Assessment PDF 656 KB
- Appendix 5 - Legislation for home to school transport PDF 389 KB