Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The purpose is to provide an update on the
current situation regarding free parking for key workers taking
into account updated information provided by Government and the
varied decisions being taken by other local authorities.
Cabinet received a report on the Handy Cross Development which commenced in May 2014 with the intention of introducing charges in the 396 space park and ride car park once the car park was finished. The purpose of introducing charges was to enable the car park to be effectively managed and encourage customers to park at this location and use the park and ride facility.
Cabinet AGREED to the introduction of parking restrictions and a tariff structure at Handy Cross Park and Ride car park in High Wycombe as set out in the paragraph below and AUTHORISED the making of the orders which are necessary to give effect to this decision:
1. Tariff structure:
Up to 30 minutes - £0.00
Up to 4 hours - £1.20
Up to 10 hours - £3.00
Up to 24 hours - £4.00
Up to 48 hours - £8.00
Up to 72 hours - £12.00
Up to 96 hours - £16.00
Maximum stay of 96 hrs
2. Parking Permits priced at £60 per calendar month, purchasable in monthly increments up to a maximum of 12 months for £720.
3. Car park open and chargeable 24hrs per day, seven days a week and 365 days of the year with the exceptions of Christmas Day, official Boxing Day and Easter Sunday, when the car park will be open; but charges will not apply.
4. Car park fees and charges to apply for electric vehicle users to enable electric vehicle bays to be effectively managed and availability of space maximised.
5. Disabled Badge holders park for free; in line with the majority of council owned/managed car parks in Buckinghamshire.
Wards Affected: Abbey;
Details of any conflict of interest declared: None
Contact: Rob Smith Email: Rob.Smith@buckinghamshire.gov.uk.
Report author: Julie Rushton
Publication date: 13/10/2020
Date of decision: 13/10/2020
Decided at meeting: 13/10/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 21/10/2020
- Report for Handy Cross Park & Ride Car Park - Introduce Charges PDF 408 KB
- Appendix A for Handy Cross Park & Ride Car Park - Introduce Charges PDF 348 KB
- Appendix B for Handy Cross Park & Ride Car Park - Introduce Charges PDF 364 KB
- Appendix C for Handy Cross Park & Ride Car Park - Introduce Charges PDF 498 KB