Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Including budget consultation
Cabinet received a report setting out the draft 3-year revenue budget and 4-year capital programme for Buckinghamshire Council. This included updates on the latest estimated funding position, service budget pressures and the key financial risks facing the Council in the future.
The Council Tax Resolution report would be presented as a separate report as part of the final budget in February 2022 and would contain the final information from the other precepting authorities leading to the total Council Tax for the area, which full Council was required to approve. The Cabinet report did not include special expenses. Discussions were ongoing to agree special expenses budgets for 2022/23, and these would also be presented alongside the final budget.
(1) That the draft revenue budget and capital programme for 2022/23 (Appendices 1-3) be approved.
(2) That the outcome of the budget consultation (Appendix 4) be noted.
(3) That the proposal to seek delegation from Council to Cabinet for up to £100m of new capital schemes to be added to the capital programme, through Prudential Borrowing, and where robust financial business cases have been made, be supported.
(4) That it be noted that a supplementary report, the formal Council Tax Resolution, will accompany the final budget submitted to full Council.
(5) That the current risks associated with the draft budget proposals be noted.
Details of any conflict of interest declared: None.
Contact: Richard Ambrose, Section 151 Officer Email: Richard.Ambrose@buckinghamshire.gov.uk.
Report author: Richard Ambrose
Publication date: 06/01/2022
Date of decision: 06/01/2022
Decided at meeting: 06/01/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 13/01/2022