Agenda and minutes
Venue: Virtual conference
Contact: Charlie Griffin
Webcast: View the webcast
Declarations of interest
Councillor J Jordan declared a personal interest in application PL/19/4430/FA as she had attended screenings at Pinewood Studios in capacity as Conservative group chairman for the Ivers, and met a Director of the applicant company, but does not have a close association with him and did not have a prejudicial interest.
Councillor S Broadbent declared a personal interest in application PL/19/4430/FA. Councillor Broadbent knows of the applicant through his capacity as a board member of the Buckinghamshire Local Enterprise Partnership. Councillor Broadbent does not have a close association with him and did not have a prejudicial interest.
Councillor C Paternoster declared a personal interest in application CM/0022/20 as a member of Buckland Parish Council who had objected to this application. Councillor Paternoster spoke on the application as local unitary ward member, and left the meeting whilst the committee considered and decided upon the application.
To agree the minutes of the strategic sites committee meeting held on 6 August 2020.
The minutes of the meeting 6 August were agreed as correct record.
Proposal: realignment, resurfacing and improvement works, with associated landscaping andengineering works to Sevenhills Road, Iver Heath. Additional vehicular access to Pinewood Studios site.
The planning officer updated section 6 of her report on the planning balance and overall assessment of issues for the benefit of members. Members noted that there had been an update to conditions since the report’s publication. Conditions 6, 7, and 8 had been revised to reflect amended drawings received by the planning officer on the 9 June.
Speaking as local unitary ward member, Councillor Luisa Sullivan.
Speaking as representative of Iver Parish Council, Carole Gibson.
Speaking as an objector, Aman Kular.
Speaking as the applicant and agent team, Andrew Smith, Sara Dutfield and James Bevis.
It was proposed by Councillor J Jordan, seconded by Councillor P Jones and resolved:
· to delegate the application to the Director of Planning and Environment to grant planning permission subject to the conditions set out in this report and any others which he considers appropriate; and
· subject to the amendment of condition 15 that the content of the landscape and ecological management plan (LEMP) be updated to reflect that if re provision of new planting is required within the 5 year period from planning consent, the work plan is capable of being rolled forward over a five-year period from re provision of new planting; and
· to the satisfactory completion of a Section 106 Agreement to secure the requirements as set out in this report.
· Authority delegated to the Director of Planning and Environment to refuse permission, for such reasons as he considers appropriate, if a satisfactory s.106 Agreement cannot be completed.
Proposed front and rear single storey extensions and external alterations to include extension to play area to existing school.
Speaking on behalf of the applicant, agent team, Paula Campbell-Balcombe and Jonathan Holland.
It was proposed by Councillor C Clare, seconded by Councillor J Jordan and resolved:
· to grant planning permission subject to the conditions indicated in Section 7 and finalised by the Service Director Planning and Environment.
Proposal: section 73 planning application relating to condition 9 pursuant to planning application CM/78/14.
Members noted the amended recommendation which read:
Subject to the applicant entering in to an appropriate S. 106 Planning Obligation to apply the requirements with regard to routeing and the catchment area for the collection of waste the Strategic Sites Committee INDICATES SUPPORT for application CM/0022/20 with the imposition of an alternative condition 9 being as proposed in the application and to the other existing conditions attached to planning permission CM/78/14 with any amendments to reflect the subsequent discharge of conditions and to condition 18 being amended to read as follows:
Within 3 months of the date of this planning consent an update to the existing Odour Management Strategy (Approved 17th September 2015) shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Planning Authority. The updated strategy shall include reference to the following aspects:
• Specific odour sources within the waste streams presented in the Anaerobic Digestion Facility and Materials Recycling Facility , respectively
• Measures in place at the site in order to identify , isolate and/or restrict inherently odorous waste streams
• Any additional odour control strategies and/or features that have been implemented following the approval of the existing Odour Management Strategy (Approved 17th September 2015)
The updated Odour Management Strategy shall be implemented thereafter in accordance with the approved details for the duration of the development.
And DELEGATES Authority to the Service Director for Planning and Environment to determine the Application.
Speaking as local unitary ward member, Councillor Carole Paternoster.
A written statement was read out by the Democratic Services Officer on behalf of representative of Buckland Parish Council, Nigel Hayward.
A written statement was read out by the Democratic Services Officer on behalf of objector Sue Gillingham.
Speaking as the applicant and agent team, Stephen Weston, Ciara O’Donovan and Alistair Flatman.
It was proposed by Councillor S Chhokar, seconded by Councillor J Waters and resolved:
· to defer the application to allow the applicant to provide further information to reassure the committee that the issue of odour would not be exacerbated by this application. The committee would welcome reports of odour in and around the site from Olleco.