Purpose of committee
Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service covers the area served by Buckinghamshire Council and Milton Keynes Council. These two councils appoint members to Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes Fire Authority to oversee the service.
Their numbers are proportional to the populations they represent, with 11 members from Buckinghamshire Council and six from Milton Keynes Council.
Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes Fire Authority is a publicly accountable body which manages Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service on behalf of the communities it serves. Members make decisions on things like policy, finance and resources.
Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes Fire Authority's role is to:
· Set the annual budget.
· Agree the staff, vehicle and other resources needed to deliver an efficient service.
· Approve Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service's plans, policies and strategies.
· Approve the composition of committees and sub-committees.
Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes Fire Authority normally meets four times a year, with an annual meeting held in June. At this meeting the Chairman is elected and the Vice-Chairman is appointed, and committee membership is decided.
- Councillor David Carroll
- Councillor Anders Christensen
- Councillor Lesley Clarke OBE (Chairman)
- Councillor Andrew Cole
- Councillor Ray Exon
- Councillor Gary Hall
- Councillor David Hopkins (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Mahboob Hussain JP
- Councillor Steven Lambert
- Councillor Wendy Mallen
- Councillor Peter Marland
- Councillor Douglas McCall
- Councillor Keith McLean
- Councillor Timothy Mills
- Councillor Hannah Minns
- Councillor Robin Stuchbury
- Councillor Liz Walsh
Support officer: Katie Nellist.
Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service
Brigade HQ Stocklake
Phone: 01296 744633